For Immediate Release: April 16th, 2013
The season is officially set to begin! TRAK Spring Training took place this past Saturday but with uncooperative weather conditions, only the in-class portion was completed. Even so, 21 new club members completed and passed their mandatory testing and are now set to hit the track. With Goodwood Kartways opening for practice later this week, members have all shifted their focus to Race 1 scheduled for this Saturday April 20th.
With little time to spare, TRAK members have been busy in the garage and at the track in anticipation of the clubs first point’s race of the season. The schedule which incorporates 4-cycle Junior, 4-cycle Senior and 4-cycle Masters will also include the growing Rotax classes from Micro Max to the recently added Rotax DD2 category. Race 1 details can be found below. The event is sponsored by Goodwood Kartways.
TRAK RACE 1 – SATURDAY SCHEDULE
- · 8:00am – Gates Open
- · 8:00am – Registration Open’s
- · 9:15am – Registration Close’s
- · 9:30am – Mandatory Driver’s Meeting
- · 10:00am – Practice Session 1 (8 Minute Session)
- · T.B.D – Practice Session 2 (8 Minute Session)
- · T.B.D – Qualifying (6 Minute Session)
- · T.B.D – Pre-Final (10 Lap Race)
- · T.B.D – Final (15 Lap Race)
- · 4:00pm – Podium Presentation
TRAK RACE 1 – RACE ORDER
- Rotax Senior
- Micro Max
- 4-Cycle Junior
- 4-Cycle Senior and 4-Cycle Masters
- Rotax DD2
- Mini Max
- Rotax Masters
- Rotax Junior
The race will utilize the Long Track configuration which is the same lay out which will be featured for rounds one and two of the Eastern Canadian Karting Championship and of course the 2013 Canadian National Karting Championships. For more information on the Toronto Racing Association of Karters please visit www.trak.ca.